Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Momma's Day 2012

Proverbs 31:10-31
A wife of noble character who can find?
She is worth far more than rubies.
11 Her husband has full confidence in her
and lacks nothing of value.
12 She brings him good, not harm,
all the days of her life.
13 She selects wool and flax
and works with eager hands.
14 She is like the merchant ships,
bringing her food from afar.
15 She gets up while it is still night;
she provides food for her family
and portions for her female servants.
16 She considers a field and buys it;
out of her earnings she plants a vineyard.
17 She sets about her work vigorously;
her arms are strong for her tasks.
18 She sees that her trading is profitable,
and her lamp does not go out at night.
19 In her hand she holds the distaff
and grasps the spindle with her fingers.
20 She opens her arms to the poor
and extends her hands to the needy.
21 When it snows, she has no fear for her household;
for all of them are clothed in scarlet.
22 She makes coverings for her bed;
she is clothed in fine linen and purple.
23 Her husband is respected at the city gate,
where he takes his seat among the elders of the land.
24 She makes linen garments and sells them,
and supplies the merchants with sashes.
25 She is clothed with strength and dignity;
she can laugh at the days to come.
26 She speaks with wisdom,
and faithful instruction is on her tongue.
27 She watches over the affairs of her household
and does not eat the bread of idleness.
28 Her children arise and call her blessed;
her husband also, and he praises her:
29 “Many women do noble things,
but you surpass them all.”
30 Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.
31 Honor her for all that her hands have done,
and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.


When I read this beautiful passage I feel so lacking. I feel so inadequate in so many areas of my life. My instinct is to work harder and see where I can improve and strive to do better. Be a better mommy, a better wife, daughter, daughter-in-law, grandaughter, sister, friend. Work harder, do more, be better.

People this is a trap and lie from Satan himself.

Ladies, I really think especially us fall into these traps faster then anyone. So many of us feel like we are just getting by. Just hanging on. Holding our breath.

But.

We don't have to try. His grace is sufficient. We can never do enough. We are free. Free in Christ. Let go and know that this passage is not to make us feel bad about ourselves but to encourage. To show us what He can do in us. We are not meant to be perfect. We are meant to rely, lean, give up, everything to Him.

Praise God that I don't have to work to earn His love. He gives it freely. He is perfecting me daily to be like Him. My struggles help me along the way. If I was a perfect woman I would have no need for Him.

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.
2 Corinthians 12:9

Us as mommies, need this Grace second by second. We don't need to be hard on ourselves and try and try to be the perfect mommy. We need Him second by second. When our children don't listen, when we are cleaning that same mess for the 349th time, when we are impatient with them.

Know that we are being refined by the fire. For His glory. All for His glory.


Father, Thank you so much for allowing me to be a mommy. Thank you for my precious children. Help me daily to know why I am their mommy and that is to make your Glory known.
Help them to forgive me when I fall short of this command and when I don't show them that. Give me your grace minute by minute. I praise You for your blessings and trials. Help me to see my role to give you praise in even mundane tasks. I love you. In Your name. Amen







0 comments:

Post a Comment