Friday, June 22, 2012

Daddy’s Day 2012

Words can’t express how blessed I feel to have Jeremy as my husband and as the father of my children. I knew since the moment I met him that he would be a amazing daddy, but he has blown my expectations through the roof.  I really cannot find words to express how blessed I feel to have him. I had a very hard time during the newborn stage with Harris (more on that later) and Jeremy stepped up with a took over as though he had been taking care of babies his whole life. When Ruthie was born he did the same thing. Harris and Ruthie are so blessed that God chose him to be their daddy.
fathersday4
On his first Father’s Day in 2010 I got him and Harris matching ties. This year I did the same thing. I ordered them from Apple and Ivy off of Etsy. I love all of the choices they have and had a hard time deciding but went with the yellow. I loved how they turned out.
fathersday3
This face kills me. Silly boy.
fathersday
This year the ties came with matching cuff links. Well since I knew Jeremy doesn’t really wear cuff links nor would he wear yellow ones ;) I took them apart and made Ruthie a matching bow. I cannot tell you how much I love matching/coordinating outfits. It is really dorky :)fathersday1

fatherday5
I made Jeremy breakfast in bed and let him sleep in as much as he could on a Sunday. The books are cute little words of wisdom for dads.
I also made him a book off of Shutterfly. Yes, I know I can’t believe I did this either. Because I am a photographer and I have access to so many great printing companies. To be honest though, I liked how the software just added the pictures in order for me and I did little designing. As someone who was VERY pressed for time I appreciated that. I was very happy with how it turned out, even though most of the pictures were iphone pictures. Just like this post, I did not take one single picture with my real camera on Father’s Day. What is the saying? “The cobblers children are the ones with no shoes” Something like that. Ha!

Here is a picture from Father’s day circa 2010. Weird how fast things change!
IMG_1645

Click here to create your own Shutterfly photo book.

2 comments:

  1. So glad you are blogging! I love your writing and seeing a glimpse of your lives. Love you friend!

    ReplyDelete