Thursday, September 13, 2012

things i am loving right now…

 

e.l.f. Makeup:

IMG_9628-001

If you haven’t discovered e.l.f. at Target ( I am pretty sure at other stores too). Then you are in for a treat. All of their makeup products are around $6 and under, but mostly all of them are $1-$3. I believe the large bronzer and blush compact that I have, was $3 but that is an AMAZING price for makeup. I LOVE to try new colors and new makeup all the time which isn’t very good if you are trying to be frugal. But with these you can pretty much get as many different colors as you want and still not pay the price you would pay for a department store brand makeup. I think it is smart to go expensive on the main things then go cheap on the simple things like blush, bronzer, eye pencils and stuff like that. I use MAC for powder and foundation but do not like to pay over $20 for a blush especially when I get tired of things really easily. Elf allows me to try on colors that I normally wouldn’t try.

Hair Ties:

IMG_5100 

Hair ties are seriously the smartest thing ever. If you are a stay at home mom like me and are always wearing your hair up, these hair ties at least make you feel a little bit better about not washing your hair for the 3rd day in a row ;). They come in very cute colors and the best part is you can wear them on your wrist and they look like a bracelet instead of a hair rubber band. These above are great colors but here are some new fall colors out too. If you are interested in getting some go here:

http://www.etsy.com/shop/MadeByMargaretElise

IMG_5105

Caldrea Products:

I love good smelling stuff for the home, especially if it is from natural and plant derived ingredients. My sweet, sister in law gave this to me and it is wonderful! It is their all purpose cleaner and it is in concentrate form so it lasts FOREVER! You are supposed to add only 4 tablespoons of this to a spray water bottle and add water to it. It cleans really good and your whole house smells good every time you use it. Great for those stop by guests and you haven’t had time to light candles or deep clean :). You can also find it at Target but she got this one from TJ MAXX. I have had it for several months and it has lasted this long.

IMG_9641-001

 

Sunflower seeds: 

IMG_9634-001

I crave salty, bad for me stuff, all day long and especially at night. When I have a bad craving for a whole tub of popcorn or a bag of chips ;) I have started eating maybe a tablespoon of these sunflower seeds and my cravings go away. It is the perfect amount of salty snack that I need but I don’t over indulge in these. I love my salty snacks!

 

My berry colander:

My Photo Stream

I am always washing strawberries, grapes and small fruit like that for the kiddos, but always hate to get out the large colander and get it dirty for such a small amount of fruit. I told my mom this and she told me to get a berry colander. I know this isn’t a major discovery but when we were at TJ Maxx we picked me up one for $3.99 and I feel as though it has already changed my life (dramatic much?). Why didn’t I get one earlier? 

I think I am done for now. I have our beach post coming up and Harris’ birthday coming up too. I am so behind!

2 comments:

  1. Awe! Yay for the simple things in life that make us happy! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Chrisynda! I love when little things make me happy :))

    ReplyDelete