Monday, September 16, 2013

Christmas

Okay so obviously it isn’t even close to Christmas but I am attempting to catch up. Ha! Almost a whole year later. Instagram has kind of become my blog. It is just easier and straight to the point which I like. Plus I am not sure if anyone even reads this, but I am going to update because one day I will MAKE my kids read it :).

Here is last Christmas in pictures (iphone). I couldn’t find any pro pictures I took :/

We started the Christmas season off by going to the Christmas tree farm to get our Christmas tree. We have done this every year since we were married and I am so happy we have made our own family tradition that our children can hopefully continue.

PicMonkey Collage

Ruthie wasn’t having it this day for some reason. So she just kept her head on daddy’s shoulder pretty much the whole time. This was in her skittish phase, so she was probably just scared of the hay ride and the reindeer.

IMG_2358 

IMG_2348

IMG_2350

IMG_2351 

IMG_2282

IMG_2575

IMG_2572

They have free hot chocolate and of course Harris LOVES it.  IMG_2573

Our tree on top of the car. We let Harris pick it out and he went with short and skinny and a little see through. Oops.

IMG_2574

IMG_2298

IMG_2311

 IMG_2346  Putting the star on top.

IMG_2377 Some of my decorations. We always get fresh garland from the Christmas Tree Farm and it looks so natural and pretty to me. I made the wreath from Christmas tree scraps and I made the nativity scene from an old hymnal.

IMG_2396  This little miss started to get picky about what she wore. She picked out this outfit. At least it matched.

IMG_2430 We made salt dough ornaments and I am going to make that another tradition for us to do. Harris loved rolling out the dough and cutting out the shapes. I know Ruthie will love it this year. (there is a blooper on my picture, it is 1/2 cup of water and not supposed to be salt twice. I got lazy and didn’t feel like changing it for the blog)

IMG_2399

IMG_2433

We went to the Gardendale Christmas parade with the Wiggins’ family and loved it! The kids had so much fun and got a ton of candy. I can’t wait to go back this year.

IMG_2500

 IMG_2518

 IMG_2528

 IMG_2586 Making a Happy Birthday Jesus cake.

PicMonkey Collage4 Trying to play outside as much as possible. Gotta get that energy out!

PicMonkey Collage2 Zoolight Safari.

IMG_2801 Harris at his Mother’s Day Out Christmas program. Excuse his hilarious haircut.

PicMonkey Collage3 Never in my life would I have guessed that he would do all of the hand motions to their songs. But lo and behold he did every single one. It surprised me. He is usually really shy and hates attention, but he didn’t seemed phased.

IMG_2898

 IMG_2899

IMG_2900

PicMonkey Collage5 Watching Polar Express together. On lock down.

PicMonkey Collage6 Christmas Eve at my dad’s house.

 

IMG_3044

Christmas Eve nightIMG_3062

 IMG_3075

 IMG_3159

 IMG_3163

Reindeer foodIMG_3171

Santa did not bring all of this to the kids. We just put out everyone else’s gifts too ;)IMG_3174

 IMG_3221

Christmas morning. Looking oh so rough and very confused :)

 

IMG_3191

IMG_3222

Harris asked Santa for 1 lion and 5 dinosaurs. So random, but Santa came through. :)

IMG_3196

Jeremy got a ticket to the National Championship game from his brother. Jealous!

IMG_3197

Aftermath.IMG_3198

Nonna and Ruthie on Christmas morning.

 

 PicMonkey Collage7

Christmas at my mom’s house, after naps. Her house was decorated so pretty. IMG_3253

IMG_3260

 IMG_3266 All of Ruthie’s adorable clothes. She hit the jackpot.

1 comments:

  1. I love love this post! Your Aunt Sanny reads your blog and I love everything you two kiddos do!

    ReplyDelete