Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Harris turns 4

I decided to interrupt my backtracking to go ahead and blog about Harris’ birthday before he turns 5 :)

I am saving the kid’s actual birthday party for another post but I wanted to get some things down that I remember about Harris and get his annual questionnaire recorded too. You can check out his 3 year old questionnaire here.

IMG_0492

September 9,2009

IMG_0647.JPG (2)  September 8, 2013. They grow up so fast!

I asked Harris the same questions from last year and I was so surprised that so many of his answers were exactly the same. Oh well. I guess he is consistent.

Harris’ 4 Year Old Questionnaire

What is your favorite color? Red

What is your favorite shape? Triangle

Favorite toy: My superman

Favorite thing to do: Go to the McWane Center

Favorite store: “ the green store” The Dollar Tree

Favorite animal: Crocodile, otter, tiger

Who is your best friend? Ridge

Favorite book: Dinosaur book

Favorite TV show: Superman show (I have no idea, I don’t think he has ever seen a Superman show)

Favorite movie: Dinosaur Train (this is a tv show)

Favorite song: Ittsy Bittsy Spider

Favorite thing to eat: Yellow Muffins (Banana Muffins)

Favorite thing to wear: Superman outfit

Favorite drink: Orange juice

Favorite place to go: Ridge’s house (second is the zoo)

Favorite place to eat: “chips, salsa and beans” (aka Mexican restaurant)

What do you want to be when you grow up? Superman

 

Here are some pictures of him on his birthday and around that time. I just want to remember him exactly how he is. He is such a loving, sweet, playful little guy. He can be very sensitive about things (especially if he hurts his sister) and can be very shy. He has such a funny personality. He is a really good little boy and I love getting to see him grow up.

 

harris4yrblog2 All of these pictures are from his birthday. I picked him up from school early and Ruthie up from MDO early and we went to the zoo of course. Then after naps we asked him where he wanted to go for his birthday dinner and he told us he knew where but not the name. So without us knowing most of the time where we were going, Harris gave us turn by turn directions to Chuy’s. He has a great sense of direction. He then got to facetime chat with his best buddy. :)

IMG_0533.JPG (2) Lately he has been loving to paint. It is so sweet to watch how careful he is and how proud he gets.

IMG_0535.JPG (2)
IMG_0537.JPG (2)

sweet!IMG_0540.JPG (2) Superman all day long!

 

harris4yrblog1 He is honestly the best big brother ever. He was made to be a big brother to a little girl. He is so sweet and gentle and always plays with her. They are just now starting to get in little sibling riffs but nothing major or too big to complain about. I am so blessed!

IMG_0752.JPG (2)

The one good thing about having a time difference between Harris’ school let out and Ruthie’s school let out, is that two days a week I get to have a one on one lunch with my little buddy. It has been some of the best times with just the two of us.

IMG_0772

silly fake smile in his hilarious Spiderman pjs . I mean who makes this stuff. So cheesy.

 IMG_0823.JPG (2)

best buds IMG_0848.JPG (2)

Doing SO much better at soccer this year! IMG_0861.JPG (2)

 IMG_0878.JPG (2)

 IMG_0887.JPG (2)

 IMG_1268.JPG (2) He LOVES puzzles!

harris4yrblog I love cuddling with him and being silly. He is my sweetheart! Thank you God for this precious child. Help me to be the best mommy I can be to him. I fail daily but give me the grace to be exactly who he needs.

0 comments:

Post a Comment